France Yacht Registration or register in Poland (see bottom of page)Let us take care of your French flag registration or we can register you in a list of other jurisdictions. Prices start at 129 Eur to handle a boat registration in France. We will take away all the stress of filing under French flag and our experienced team will handle all.
How much does it cost exactly to register my boat under French flag?
The cost are different based on size of boat, nationality and new or used boat. If you fill in our form with boat and owner details we can offer you an exact breakdown of cost to register your boat in France.
If you decide to register we handle all paperwork and filing for you starting at 129 Eur,-. You will pay the government fees directly to them.
In France there are three types of registers: register 1 (for fishing and national trade), the French International register (RIF) and the Wallis-and-Futuna register (usually granted to cruise ships). The French government introduced a new law in 2016 which requires French residents to register their vessel in France and not in other EU jurisdictions. This was done since many French boat owners registered their yacht in Belgium or Holland. The reason for this is that the French flag registration has taxes on yachts above 7 meters, strict nautical limits and high safety equipment requirements.
This French law is a bit of a grey area as the French government cannot overrule EU legislation that states that an EU resident can register their vessel in any EU country. The way it has now worked out is that French residents still register their yachts under other EU flag registrations but try to oblige the French authorities by making sure their paperwork and requirements comply with the French requirements.
The French flag registration
If you have a boat or jet ski in France you will need to have it registered under French or other European flag if it has a length of 2,5 meters or more.
Do I need to pay annual taxes if I register my boat in France?
If you decide to register your vessel in France you might need to pay annual taxes based on the length of the vessel and the size of the engine;
- Boats up to 7 meters or if the engine power is less than 22 administrative horse power (about 200 HP Engine) do NOT pay any taxes
- Boats from 7.01 meters pay taxes on the registration or if the engine power is more than 22 administrative horse power (about 200 HP Engine).
How much annual tax do I need to pay for my boat if registered in France?
Many factors are used to calculate your boat tax in France. These include; use of vessel, length of boat, engine type, fuel type etc. All these details are used to calculate the exact tax amount to be paid. The annual tax on a jet ski is more simple and explained below.
Do I need to pay taxes on Jet ski’s if registered in France?
You need to pay taxes only if the engine power of a jet ski is more then 90 kilowatts.
- € 3 per kW starting from the first kW (engines 91 kW to 159kW)
- € 4 per kW starting from the first kW (engines 160+ kW)
For example : if the engine of your water-scooter is 185 Kw, the annual taxes are 185 x €4 = € 740
Check your taxes here: Click for real time tax calculation
To register under the French flag you must meet a number of conditions:
- Half of the ship must be owned by nationals of the European Union or European Economic Area.
- Its use and operation must be managed and controlled from a permanent establishment located on French territory.
- It must have been built in the European Union or import taxes must have been paid when imported into the EU.
- If your vessel has a crew; they must be nationals of the European Union or European Economic Area in a minimum proportion of 35% calculated on the basis of workforce sheet.
Do I need to have a survey to register my boat under French flag?
You do not need any survey done if your yacht is under 24 meters long and you are not looking for a commercial registration.
How long does it take to register my boat under French flag.
The procedure takes between 2 to 4 weeks to register.
What paperwork I needed to register my boat in France?
- Copy of bill of sale
- Copy of your passport or corporate registration documents (If applicable)
- A detailed description of the vessel's radio equipment, including the manufacturer, model, and serial number
- A certificate of compliance with safety and environmental standards
- Proof of compliance with the French maritime communication authority regulations.
France Yacht Registration or register in Poland (see bottom of page)
We can register your boat in France or in 20 other flag registration jurisdictions. As the largest flag registration company we have a lot of experience in the registration of yachts in France.
When registering your boat it is important to first discuss with a boat registration specialist the best place to do this. This choice will depend on a number of factors including; type of use (private, bare boat or commercial), size and tonnage of your boat, private or corporate owned and even if the VSAT has been paid (if in Europe).
Start by contacting us and give us a short explanation of your personal circumstances. We can then advise you on where to register your boat. Your nationality does NOT matter as there are many “open” register countries that will accept boat owners from any country!
|How fast can it be done?
|Available for all nationalities
|Suitable for commercial yachts
|no / yes